Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information and advice given on this website is as accurate as possible, it is not intended to be a substitute for individual care and advice from a health professional. Information in a website such as this is necessarily of a general nature, and it may not apply to the particular circumstances of individual women. The authors can take no clinical responsibility for users of this website. All women who are pregnant, contemplating pregnancy, or who have recently been pregnant are strongly advised to seek appropriate professional health care. Similarly, all parents and caregivers of babies and small children are urged to enrol with a Well Child and primary care provider, for both regular and emergency health care.
Any links on this site or its affiliated accounts (eg. Twitter and Facebook) are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not necessarily constitute an endorsement or an approval by the The New Zealand Pregnancy Book or Bridget Williams Books of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The New Zealand Pregnancy Book and Bridget Williams Books bear no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Please contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Competition terms & conditions
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to competitions promoted on the www.nzpregnancybook.co.nz website or affiliated accounts (“Competition”), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice included on www.nzpregnancybook.co.nz website or affiliated account posting (i.e. https://twitter.com/nzpregnancybk and www.facebook.com/nzpregnancybook) for such Competition (“the Competition Notice”) and are incorporated herein. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
3. The New Zealand Pregnancy Book (“NZPB”) reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these Rules.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, Competition Notice, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of NZPB shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in New Zealand.
6. Employees of Bridget Williams Books or any company involved in the Competition or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. NZPB reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
7. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
8. NZPB reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
9. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, NZPB in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
10. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and NZPB discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, NZPB reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
11. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
12. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. NZPB cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
13. Competition participants (“Competitors”) must be 17 years of age or more.
14. Prize-winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
15. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. NZPB reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
16. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of NZPB which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, NZPB reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
17. To the full extent permitted by law, NZPB will not be liable to the winner in respect of any claim for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) or for any physical or mental injury suffered by the winner or friend as a result of or in connection with the Competition or by reason of the utilisation or application of any prize won in the Competition.
18. NZPB respects privacy rights under the Privacy Act 1993 and is required to comply with the privacy principles in respect of the collection of personal information from individuals.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.