Planning for pregnancy
Being in good health:
- Nutrition for all women
- Smoking affects your health
- The reproductive/menstrual/ovulatory cycle
- Regular health care – having a primary care provider
- Cervical spears
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs or STDs)
- Breast examination
Sexuality and contraception:
- Commonly used methods of contraception
Deciding whether to have a child:
- Do I want a child?
- Pre-conception health check
- Stopping contraception
Trouble getting pregnant?
- Body weight
- Fertility awareness (natural family planning)
- And if I’m still not pregnant?
- Pregnancy for women not currently in a heterosexual relationship
- Investigating infertility
A Maori health professional’s perspective